About CDC Pools in Phoenix, Arizona
Meet Our Phoenix Superintendents:
We saw the need for a company that:
- SPECIALIZES in pool remodeling and resurfacing.
- Is built from the ground up to work directly with pool owners.
- Believes your pool remodeling project is important, and will act like it.
We’ve come a long way since then (we’re licensed in Arizona, Nevada and California). We’re different than most pool contractors you’ll see: We use our own interior pool surface, tile and plumbing crews. Many contractors sub this work out. We don’t. Because pool remodeling is different than new pool construction (the main business of most of the pool companies you’ll talk to). Pool remodeling is full of surprises. There are dozens of things we uncover on each job that require experience to recognize and a commitment to quality to do the right thing.
We have more superintendents in the field than contractors twice our size. Why? Again, the nature of remodeling AND our owners’ commitment to quality. This is construction, things go wrong and we’re not perfect. But we do our best to put experienced crews we control on the job and put experienced, committed superintendents on each job. You’ll meet the super who runs your project. One thing many people don’t know about CDC Pools is the simple fact our team members are all considered pool industry experts in Phoenix, Arizona.
Our owners are in the field. Chris built custom homes and pools. Roger came from the service and retail side of the pool business. One of them is in just about every backyard. We think this makes a difference. Ask around, we think you’ll agree. Visit our Chandler Showroom. See all our pool surfaces underwater, tile and decking options too! For a complete picture of what we’re doing to save energy, reduce our costs and, ultimately, save you money, click here.
More about our approach to pool remodeling and resurfacing
Why? Our pay and benefits package is far above the norm in our industry. We treat them with the respect they deserve. We can lose all of our equipment and tools tomorrow, but as long as we have our people, we know we can deliver a quality job. And speaking of doing quality work, we don’t want every job out there. We want to work for people we like and know we can satisfy, on jobs we can make a profit doing. “If you were my brother-in-law,” here’s our advice on how to select a pool remodeling company:
- Probably most importantly, trust your instincts. You need to like and be comfortable with the person you’re dealing with. If not, chances are you won’t like or be comfortable with the company they represent.
- Make sure you understand everything about the quote you receive. You don’t resurface your pool every day; so don’t hesitate asking “dumb” questions until you understand.
- Find out how many years they’ve been in business.
- Understand what type of company they are. Ideally (in our humble opinion), you want a contractor that specializes in remodeling. That means they’re used to getting into and out of yards without disturbing mature landscaping. That also means their people can handle the unpredictable.
- As predictable as new construction is, remodeling is unpredictable. Plus, the more a resurfacing contractor subs for pool builders, the less important your single, one-time job will be. And remodeling divisions of larger, new pool companies can often be the “red-haired step-child.”
- Do they use their own crews to do the work or sub most of it out? The more sub-contractors in the mix, the less responsible all parties feel about your satisfaction.
- Are the owners still active? The more the owners are involved in the daily work, the better the job.
- Ask each company about their record with the Registrar of Contractors or BBB. Then consider that record against the number of jobs they’ve done the past two or three years (the number of years a mark stays on a contractor’s record for the ROC and BBB respectively).
- Also compare the age of their license against the number of years they’ve been in business. A contractor that tells you they’ve been in business for 20 years, but has a license issued three years ago, may not be that proud of the work they did on their previous license(s).
- Just like every purchase you make, if it seems too good to be true, or it just doesn’t feel right, walk the other way.
“We believe our quality and price make our jobs the best value in the Valley. We work hard, try to keep it simple and never stop improving how we do what we do. And we think all that makes a difference you can see today and you’ll appreciate 10 years from today.” If there’s one thing you’ll learn about CDC Pools, it’s the fact that we truly work for our customers. Allow us to improve your living today!